How to turn off Vista DEP
TPNassist may crash intermittently on Windows Vista PC's with the unhelpful message "program has stopped":
This problem is caused by third-party components which are not fully Vista-compatible.
On most Vista PC's, turning off Data Execution Prevention on TPNassist will fix this problem.
Below are the step-by-step instructions:
- Right click on Computer, and choose Properties
- Click on Advanced System Settings, and then under Advanced, click Settings
- Select the "Data Execution Protection" tab, and then click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select?
- Click on the Add button, and then browse to C:\Program files\tpn\tpnasist.exe as shown:
- Click Open, and then OK. Here is what you should see.
Click here to return to previous page