Model parameters on the left side of Table 1. were derived from the literature values listed on the right side of the table.
The pk model parameters were reconciled using the FreeKin Modeler.
As you can see from the table, some of the measured values reported in the literature vary widely.
Given the wide range in reported values, it is not possible to reconcile some of these antibiotics into one perfect model.
You will need to modify them to best suit your needs.
How to download
These additionial models may be downloaded to our PK programs using the import tool on the drug model editor dialog.
Antibiotic Kinetics for Windows step-by-step:
- Click File ! Edit drug models on the main menu:
- Click the More button on the drug model editor dialog:
- Select from available models, click the left arrow button(s) to move to current models:
- Click the Save button when selection complete.
Submit a model
Submit a model to share with your colleagues.
- Benz C, Brown CM. "Beta-Lactams" in Clinical Drug Data, 11th Ed. McGraw Hill Medical. 2010.
- Ritschel WA: Handbook of Basic Pharmacokinetics, 6th edition. Washington, DC. APhA, 2004.
- Aronoff George R, et al: Drug Prescribing in Renal Failure. Philadelphia, PA. ACP, 1999.
- Zaske D, Lesar T. "Other Anti-Infective Agents" in A Textbook for the Clinical Application of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring, Taylor and Caviness (Ed). Abbott Laboratories, Irving, TX. 1986.
- Shargel L, Yu Andrew. "Dosage Adjustment in Renal Disease" in Applied Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics. Norwalk, CT. Appleton-Century-Crofts. 1980.
- Nightingale CH, French MA, Quintiliani R. "Cephalosporins" in Applied Pharmacokinetics: Principles of Therapeutic Drug Monitoring, Evans, Schentag and Jusco (Ed). Applied Therapeutics. 1980.
- Package inserts for each drug.
- Mistry GC1, et al. Pharmacokinetics of ertapenem in patients with varying degrees of renal insufficiency and in patients on hemodialysis. J Clin Pharmacol. 2006 Oct;46(10):1128-38.
- Burkhardt, 0. Pharmacokinetics of ertapenem in critically ill patients with acute renal failure undergoing extended daily dialysis. Nephrol Dial Transplant (2009) 24: 267–271.
- M Chimata, M Nagase, et al. Pharmacokinetics of meropenem in patients with various degrees of renal function, including patients with end-stage renal disease. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 1993 Feb;37(2):229-233.
- Shah A1, et al. Pharmacokinetics of intravenous ciprofloxacin in normal and renally impaired subjects. J Antimicrob Chemother. 1996 Jul;38(1):103-16.
- G L Drusano, M Weir, et al. Pharmacokinetics of Intravenously Administered Ciprofloxacin in Patients with Various Degrees of Renal Function. Antimicrob. Agents Chemother. 1987 Jun;31(6):860-864.
- Rodvold K and Neuhauser M, Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Fluoroquinolones. Pharmacotherapy. 2001;21(10s).
- Dialyze-HD web site. A comprehensive literature review of pharmacokinetic studies of drug dialyzability. Accessed April 2014.